Thursday, March 19, 2009

Mua-Yew (Sesame Oil) Minced Meat


Those were the days where I cannot wait to complete the confinement days and this dish brings back good memories as it is one of the dishes for my confinement meal. It is called "mua-yew bak" or meat cooked with sesame oil. My mum will add lots and lots of ginger in this dish for me, phew....good for clearing excessive gas in tummy.


I got this extract from one of the Nutrition webpage, see how wonderful Sesame Oil is. EXTRACTS : "The rich, almost odourless oil is also highly nutritious, rich in vitamins A, B and E as well as the minerals iron, calcium, magnesium, copper, silicic acid and phosphorus"


Till today, this simple dish is still part of my menu, as my kids loves it...yep, they love the tasty gravy made from the aromatic sesame oil and it is appetizing when mixed with hot rice. The meat are minced so I guess less fuss of chewing too.....I assure you kids prefer "no-fuss" dish too, not just lazy mum..

Get a good bottle of sesame oil and it will make a difference to the dish..I prefer the old renown brand from Penang - Ghee Hiang - get it from hypermart.

What you require: - Serve 4

  • 2 pieces chicken breast meat - minced

  • 2 eggs - optional

  • thumbsize ginger - shred

  • 6 pips garlic - chopped

  • 3 Tbs sesame oil

  • a little light soya sauce, salt - to taste

Simple Process :

  1. Heat the wok with 3 Tbs sesame oil over medium heat. Drop in the chopped garlic and shredded ginger, fry till aromatic

  2. Add in the minced meat and stir fry to mix well. Add a little water, light soya sauce, pinch of salt and let the meat simmer over low heat for 15 minutes. If you wish to have more gravy, then add 1/2 cup of water.

  3. Crack the eggs into the wok and let it medium cook before you stir around the meat for the final round.

  4. Well, it is now ready to serve

Have a Nutritious Dish for the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment